About our Fund Raising
For the past few years we have been raising money for charity through Tricey Dot Net, by inviting you to pledge
and donate based on a formula of a few pennies per point scored in the game. In our most successful season we collected over £1000 when you added in the Gift Aid from the contributions.
Beyond Equality are working with men and boys towards gender equality, inclusive communities, and healthier relationships.
They disrupt expectations, stereotypes and pressures to fit in. They open up the possibility for connection, support and personal growth.
With over 62,000 participants and 500 volunteers trained so far, 90% of young people recommend Beyond Equality.
They equip participants with new perspectives, kick starting a process of community change and empowering us all to be better.
I chose Beyond Equality because I wanted to find a charity which was directly working with men and boys to address problems in our society and communitied associated with gender-based violence and discrimination.
I have been appalled at the rise in violence against women and other communities and the pressure of unhealthy expectations and norms on young men in our communities.
Instead of condemning this, our government and the media have sought to place the responsibility for change on the victims, not the perpetrators.
Join me in supporting this charity and read more about their work, since together we can make a difference in changing attitudes and changing lives.
This is what your donation could do:
- £35 offers 1 student place on their 3 module transformative workshop series.
- £50 trains one man to be a community ally, challenging sexism, homophobia and racism.
- £80 trains one University Student Leader preparing them to create a safe, supportive and inclusive culture in their club, team or campus.
- £100 trains and supports one volunteer facilitator to support work with 60 more more boys per year.
- £200 enables one team, club or society to attend a university workshop, exploring consent culture, mental wellbeing, inclusive team culture and masculinities.
- £500 trains 20 teachers to implement approaches in their school.
- £1000 enables a group of 20 student club leaders to be trained and supported in writing and implementing an inclusive cultures action plan.
Through JustGiving, your donations will be quickly processed and passed to Beyond Equality. JustGiving will offer you the choice to cover any processing fees and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this.
I built the site for two
reasons, firstly because I like taking part in competitions like this with people like you,
and secondly to raise money for good causes with the skills I have.
I've given my time to develop this website freely, paying for all
hosting and materials that I use to develop the site. I don't put
adverts on the pages to make money either.
I hope you'll enjoy the game and give generously, even if that is just a
small amount. In 2014 we raised over £950 during the World Cup. If
we could boost the number of entries in spite of the shorter tournmanet, we'd easily reach my target to
raise £500. Why not encourage friends and colleagues to
participate in the competition to increase the fun and raise more money
for a worthy cause.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my page and for donating. Your support is hugely appreciated.
David Trice, July 2022