This Website and Your PrivacyWe take your trust in this game and how your data is treated seriously.
This game is played and run for fun and to raise money for good causes. It is not run for profit. I will never contact you and ask for direct payment - all donations are made through Virgin Money Giving.
You've probably received a link to this site from someone who knows me personally, since I send this out to my friends, family, colleagues and entrants to previous competitions to invite them to take part.
To set your mind at ease about using this site, here are a few important details.
- I will only ever use the email address that you give me to send you information about the game during the tournament, afterwards to explain how much money we have raised and to contact you when the next contest starts.
- I store information about which users have used which pages and when so that I can better debug what happened if you send me a message to say the site has broken in some part.
- The links that I have provided to donate to the causes are through reputable online fund-raising aggregators such as Virgin Money Giving and JustGiving.
- JustGiving request a voluntary contribution when you donate through their service. This compares favourably with the charges of 'professional' fund-raising organisations who run street collections.
- Alternatively you can donate directly through the charities' own websites, although I don't know what proportion of your donation will reach them after the costs of running their website.
- I don't make any money out of this game, in fact it costs me money to arrange the hosting, and time to develop the site. I do it because I like playing in it. It was a case of it not existing so I had to create it. That and the fact that there was very little else to get excited about before USA '94.
- I won't chase or harrass you to make sure that you have followed up on your pledge. That's up to you!
- Look - no adverts or popups!
I hope you enjoy the game as much as I will. From the feedback I receive every time, and the number of people who contact me to ask whether it is starting up again, you will!